As you may have noticed, I LOVE eggplants!! But if you aren’t a huge fan, this is an easy way to get that dark purple vegetable into you!
- 2-3 medium eggplants
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 3 tbsp lemon juice
- 3 tbsp tahini (when in Uruguay I skip it because it costs a fortune)
- garlic (option – I prefer the simple taste of roasted eggplant)
- sea salt
- 1 can chickpeas (optional if you’d like to make eggplant hummus, traditional baba ganouj is just roasted eggplant)
- Slice eggplant into thin slices and bake or broil on a pan with a little oil and salt. Flip and brown other side if needed.
- Once cooked place in blender olive oil, lemon juice, tahini and anything else you are adding. Blend until pureed.
- You may want to serve with a few sprigs of parsley and some drizzled olive oil on top.